Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Research queen removed from her throne

***BREAKING NEWS***

The Lord God Almighty has removed the research queen from her throne. No one has been chosen to take her crown. 

Normally I would call myself the research queen. Before I buy something I will surf the net to find every review ever written on the product. Not only do I read all the reviews, but I usually read the bad ones first. I want to know why someone didn't like this product. You see, I figure if I can accept the very worst faults in a product then I can consider buying it. Next, I post on social media asking for references, "hey mom friends, ever use this or that" "ever eat at this place or that place". Finally, I talk to my closest friends and family members about my decision (usually by this point I've already made up my mind, I just need more reassurance that I'm right). 

Well here we are faced with this giant of a surgery and God has told me not to research. I mean, of course I did the basic research to fully understand what the surgery is, recovery and all that. What God told me was, "don't worry, I've got this". I didn't understand at first, I know God's got this, but he needs me to map out the perfect plan right?!? Who knows how to better care for a child than it's mother? So I prayed and waited. I waited to research anything. I waited until God told me it was ok. He is trying to show me that the reason I do so much research is because I need to be in control so I don't get bamboozled. That's really what it comes down to. I'm afraid that if I don't find the right doctor to do this surgery, and something goes wrong, it's my fault. I can't be liable for that!!! As it turns out, I'm not liable. With my husband we've prayed for God's direction, He directed us, and now we just have to have faith and trust that God has got this. So I'm very pleased to announce that I have been dethroned and I humbly bow down at the feet of my Abba Father. 

1 comment:

  1. All hail the princess, daughter of the one true king! He is your banner, defender, physician and rear guard. He's got this. :)

    ReplyDelete