Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Countdown Begins

Well tomorrow is our hospital pre-op at All Children's in St Pete, then two more days until surgery. This past week we've been at youth camp with our church in Panama City Beach, FL. It was great, Rebecca was able to open up to her peers in our church, being vulnerable and sharing her feelings and emotions. We had an amazing week but now it's getting real. While we were at camp I could keep my mind occupied on Rebecca having a blast, being hot, horrible camp food, and anything else other than surgery.
 
Soooooooo what now? Do I break down, cry, feel sorry for my daughter for this horrible thing she is facing? Should I feel sorry for myself for having to walk this path that no mother wants to walk? Do I feel bad for my other two children who will soon be somewhat neglected during the next few weeks? Maybe I should be upset because my husband is taking time off of work unpaid and I should worry about the bills. So many options to chose from but yet today my pastor reminded the congregation that when you are faced with difficulty, you have a choice. You can use it for God's glory or have a "woe is me" attitude. I know I've said this before, but I feel led to say it again, "God is faithful, He is in control and He will be there for us no matter what happens. I will not have a spirit of fear!"
 
For those of you that don't get it I will just say this, "Stand with us in faith that God is in control and if you have concerns offer those concerns up to God in prayer." I'm an open book and I don't mind questions and curiosity, but as far as fearfulness and worries.....ain't nobody got time for that!
 
So logistically here's the plan for those who are interested. Tomorrow we have pre-op, they will do blood work and give us a tour of the hospital. They will determine Rebecca's blood type in case she needs a transfusion on Wednesday. Hopefully tomorrow they will tell us what time her surgery is on Wednesday. We are hoping she is first so please be praying for that! My dear friend Rachel has set up a meal schedule for when we get home from the hospital. Here is the link if you would like to sign-up. Search THARP and password 9212  www.TakeThemAMeal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment