Sunday, June 8, 2014

Mom's intuition

Since the time rebecca was diagnosed with scoliosis up until her last x-Ray in 2012, Rebecca's curves have stayed about the same. The dr has told us for years that if her curves progressed over 40 degrees we would have to consider having the spinal fusion. 

August 2013

I'm 8 months pregnant and trying to not spend any money because we have a baby coming. Of course right when you try to save something always comes up. I remember it was a Sunday, church was starting in 15 min and rebecca still wasn't dressed. Everything she put on didn't fit, we were both getting frustrated so I said "put on this dress and we will buy clothes after church". Rebecca had gone through a major growth spurt. So we had to go buy new clothes. While trying clothes on, they were fitting funny, mostly the shirts. Call it a mom's intuition or whatever you want but at that moment I knew it was not good. 

I didn't speak about it to anyone. Not even josh, and we usually talk about everything! I didn't want it to be real so I ignored it. I chose to focus on everything but Rebecca's scoliosis, mostly on our new baby Leah, homeschooling, AHG, the holidays and pretty much anything that would distract me....even Facebook. We were supposed to go for Rebecca's next follow up in January, so in December I reapplied for Medicaid for Rebecca because I was afraid of what the dr would say (she had Medicaid as a secondary insurance for the first 3 years of her life because of all of her medical expenses). Well it took forever to get approved because I kept sending in the wrong stuff. I mean seriously, I'm college educated but I couldn't figure out the Medicaid system. She didn't get approved until April so we waited that whole time to make the apt (at least that was my excuse). 

No comments:

Post a Comment