Friday, June 13, 2014

How do you stop time?

The long awaited and unavoidable doctors appointment was finally here. Earlier that day we were at a friend's house doing some end of the year American Herirage Girl stuff. I remember looking at the clock the whole time, praying and hoping time would stop so we didn't have to go. Maybe the doctor's office would call and say that the doctor had an emergency and needed to reschedule. At one point my friend said "aren't you going to be late"? That was my clue that the rapture wasn't going to happen and I was going to have to take rebecca. So I went...reluctantly...but I went. I knew what he was going to say, but I tried to convince myself that maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. 

So as usual, the first thing they do is take x-rays of Rebecca's back. Then we sat and waited for the doctor to come in. For the past three years Rebecca's curves have stayed pretty much the same. Her top curve around 36 degrees and lower curve around 32 degrees. The doctor has told us for years that if her curves reached over 40 degrees that we would need to operate. Moments later When dr neustadt came in, he informed us that Rebecca's top curve had significantly progressed. It is now 60 degrees and the lower curve is 42 degrees. My heart sank. I looked at rebecca, she looked devistated. Remember how earlier I wanted time to stop, well it did. We have prepared ourselves and rebecca for this day but it didn't matter now. It's here and it's real. 

1 comment: